Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our team!
The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employment, employee relations, training and development, compensation, workplace health & safety and office administration. *Please note, this is a one-year contract position.*
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Support Director of Human Resource all HR functions.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection processes - work closely with the relevant manager including developing position descriptions, postings, interviews, assessments, reference checks, offer letters etc.
- Main point of contact for our annual fair.
- Respond to internal and external Human Resources related inquiries.
- Assist with employee orientation and training.
- Assist with policy development and documentation; employee relations; and employee communication.
- Provide HR guidance on different HR subject such as recruitment, employee relations, onboarding, training and development, performance management, health and wellness, compensation and recognition.
- HR Representative for the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Maintain accurate and up to date employee database and employee files working towards more electronic files.
- Meet with employees, as required, to resolve any issues.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field.
- CHRP designation or working towards the Designation.
- Experience as a Human Resources Assistant preferred.
- Experience with Ceridian an asset.
- Strong understanding of employment legislation in Ontario
- Strong computer skills, Database development, Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday, June 6th at 3PM.