Western Fair District is a not-for-profit agricultural Association that has deep roots in the City, evolving over a century-and-a-half from an agricultural fall Fair to a multi-faceted event centre which includes music and shopping, gaming and sports. The District is committed to providing entertaining experiences that enrich your life and the community and as part of our “not-for-profit” status we reinvest our revenue surpluses into upgrading our facilities and products to meet the needs of our community.
We are currently seeking an Administration Support to join our team!
The Admin Support is responsible for performing clerical duties related to event management and assisting with the execution of Western Fair District owned and operated shows and events including; 3rd party facility agreements, sponsorship agreements, sales, and customer service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Provide support and direction to exhibitors with phone calls and emails (recruiting/maintaining/assisting once registered)
- Maintain registration records through Map Dynamics/coordinating exhibit space.
- Create and send exhibitor documents.
- Financial – Take payments/prepare financial reports or update revenue sheets.
- On site in the show office during set up and show hours.
- Administrative support including: drafting contracts, distribute contracts for signing, invoicing and tracking the status of contracts.
- Maintain contract compliance tracker for events and check in during move in to ensure responsibilities are met.
- Post event follow up summary post event summary/presentation.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Western Fair District
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Post-Secondary Education in related field an asset. (ie. Event Management)
- 1-3 years of experience in a Customer Service, Sales or Administrative environment
- Experience in the Consumer Trade Shows/Agricultural events an asset
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft applications.
- A commitment to excellence in all tasks, and a professional presence
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, May 24th at 3PM.