Over $13,000 Total in Cash Prizes will be given to the best** Creative Arts entries!
Open to all ages and skill levels with cash prizes.
Creative Arts Competition gives all artists an opportunity to showcase their talents during our 10 day annual Western Fair. Featuring live performances, visual arts, crafts, horticulture & more!
Entry Office Information
Western Fair Competitions Entry Office is located in the CANADA BUILDING
Enter the Canada Building off the main parking lot, located through the Rectory or Florence Street entrances. The north entrance of the Canada Building (near King St) is where the Entry Office is located. Look for Entry Office signage. You will find our dedicated competition staff directly inside the door.
ENTRY OFFICE is Open Tuesday, August 6th to Wednesday September 18th, 2019.
Office hours are 10AM to 4PM, Monday to Friday. (Extended office hours apply on some competition delivery days. These times are noted in the prize book under specified competitions.)
We can be reached at (519) 438-7203, Ext. 327
Our mailing address is - Western Fair District, 316 Rectory St, London, ON N5W 3V9
Canada Building address is - 900 King St, London, ON N5W 2X6
ENTRY FORM: The paper form or on-line entry you fill in with required information to enter competitions.
CLOSING DATE: The day on which completed entry forms are due at the entry office. If the forms are being mailed they must be postmarked on or before the closing date.
EXHIBITOR: The person entering the competition.
EXHIBIT: The item you have entered.
DELIVERY DATE: The day on which your exhibit must arrive at the Canada Building for set up and judging.
PICK UP DATE: The day on which the exhibit must be picked up by 6:00 p.m.
ENTRY TAG: This is the tag that identifies the exhibit as well as your claim stub. You will receive the entry tag when your exhibit is delivered.
CODE: Is a letter combination given to a specific competition ie “Youth Craft Competition = YC.” It is stated next to the name of the competition in brackets.
CLASS/SECTION: Class an item within a competition. Each class is broken down into one or more sections. Example: Crochet is the class, there are 4 sections in this class.
Parking & Delivery Guidelines
Exhibitors Delivering Entry Forms
Exhibitors dropping off entry forms and exhibits can do so at the Entry Office located at the south-end of the Canada Building. If you would like to submit your entry form prior to the Entry Office opening please do so online by filling out the online entry form or scanning and emailing a copy of the entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop it off at the front desk of the main Administration Building or mail it to 316 Rectory St, London, ON N5W 3V9. Parking is available on the north-west side of the Administration Building.
Exhibitors Delivering Prior to the Fair
Exhibitors must deliver exhibits within the specified times assigned to each class. State that you are dropping off exhibits to the Canada Building. You will be allowed to park and deliver your exhibit. We ask that you be sure to keep all entrances clear of vehicles. Parking is free in all Western Fair District lots, pending availability. Please refer to individual Classes for more details.
Please refer to the grounds map below for lot locations closest to the Canada Building.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Any questions please call 519-438-7203 Ext 327.
Please Note: This information applies to all Competitions & Sections offered for the 2019 Western Fair. See individual Competition and Section Rules for additions and/or exceptions to this information.
- All rules that apply to Western Fair events and any which specifically apply to the dates that the Western Fair runs will be enforced from the date the entry office opens August 6th, 2019, until September 18th 2019.
- Entry Forms and applicable fees must be in the hands of the Western Fair District by 4:00 p.m. on the day specified for each Class as the Closing Date for Entries, unless otherwise noted.
- Entries can be made online, on the printed entry form(s) included with the Prize Book or on a same size photocopy of the entry form. The entry form is to be filled out and signed by the exhibitor, then sent in by one of the following: online, mailed or hand delivered with entry fees to:
Western Fair District
316 Rectory Street
London, ON N5W 3V9
NOTE: If entering on-line, entry fees must be paid when dropping off items.
- The Western Fair District will supply a tag upon arrival of the exhibit at the Entry Office. The entry tag must be securely attached to each exhibit, and the bottom perforated portion of the tag must be retained as identification and a claim check for each exhibit.
- The Western Fair District reserves the right to accept or reject any entry, and to display only those exhibits that are of acceptable quality or that exhibit space permits.
- Exhibits which have been shown at any previous Exhibition of the Western Fair may not be entered. Unless otherwise stated, all articles must be strictly the production of the person making the entry, and must have been completed within the last three years (since September 2016)
- If any question is raised as to the exhibitor’s production, ownership or right to compete, the Competition Coordinator may require the exhibitor to make a statutory declaration that the article in question is the production and property of the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors may make only one entry in any one section, unless otherwise specified. The same exhibit or article may not be entered in more than one class and/or section.
- Exhibitors must choose the Class and Section in which they enter exhibits. However, the Western Fair may transfer any exhibit which is entered into a wrong Class or Section into the proper Class or Section. Prior to judging, the Western Fair may combine any Section or Sections where there are not sufficient entries to provide competition. *Competition - A competition that may be judged and prize money awarded requires 3 entries per section i.e. 3 sections = 9 entries. Otherwise only a ribbon will be awarded to the single entrant for a placing decided by the judge for that particular competition.
- In all Classes and Sections, the Judge(s)’ and/or Competition Coordinator’s decision is final, except where fraud, misrepresentation or collusion, not discovered at the time of the award, is proven. In such cases, the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District shall make the final decision.
- In all Classes & Sections the Judge(s) and/or Competition Coordinator may decide:
a) Not to award a prize
b) To ask for a tie. In this event prize winners will equally divide prize money for that section
c) To move an entry to another section, prior to judging
d) To question authenticity of an exhibit
Exhibits may be delivered by courier to the Administration Building, on the dates specified by Class and Division to the address listed under # 3.
- Exhibits may be delivered in person to the designated location on the dates specified by class.
- Exhibitors must arrange and prepay all expenses for delivery of their exhibits to and from the District. The Western Fair District will not provide or pay for any expenses associated with transportation, either on delivery to or return from the District.
- Exhibitors assume all risk for the safety of their exhibits, and should any article be damaged, lost or stolen, the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District will assist in the recovery of same, but will not assume any liability for payment of loss.
- The right to alter, interpret, amend, add to or cancel any of these rules or to grant relaxation from them is reserved to the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District. Should dispute arise between any exhibitors, whether a private individual, company, corporation or government, and the District or its Officers, the dispute or difference shall be referred to the Board of Governors, whose decision will be final.
- Should any question arise which is not provided for in the Information for Exhibitors the decision of the Board of Governors of the Western Fair District shall be final.
- The Western Fair District will not be responsible for the payment of prizes or any form of sponsorship offered by Businesses, Clubs, Societies or Individuals.
The Entry Office will be located at the South end of the Canada Building from Aug. 6th to Sept. 18th.
All entry forms are to be delivered to this office by the deadline date.
All exhibits are too be delivered to the north end of the Canada building on their delivery date.
Building Times (during Fair):
Saturday - Sunday: 10AM - 10PM
Monday - Friday: 3PM - 10PM
2019 Entry Form Deadlines, Delivery & Pick-up Dates for Exhibits
All entries must be delivered to the Canada Building on dates specified. Questions regarding delivery please call 519-438-7203 Ext 327 or email email@example.com. All entries must be picked up by Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 at 6:00 pm. Any entries remaining past this date will become property of the Western Fair District and will be disposed of.
|Thursday, August 15th 2019||
Wednesday, August 21st (10AM - 6PM))
Thursday, August 22nd (10AM - 6PM)
CCS3 & 4 only: August 26th 10AM - 4PM)
Tuesday, September 17th (10AM - 6PM)
Thursday, August 15th 2019
|Wednesday, August 22nd 2018 (10AM - 6PM)
Thursday, August 23rd 2017 (10AM - 6PM)
Tuesday, September 18th (10AM - 6PM)
|Friday, August 30th||
Thursday, September 5th (10AM - 6PM)
|Friday, August 30th||Thursday, September 5th (10AM - 6PM)||
Monday, Sept. 16th (10AM - 6PM)
Thursday, August 9th 2018
|Tuesday, August 14th 2018 (10AM - 6PM)||
Tuesday, September 18th (10AM - 6PM)
|Thursday, August 15th||
Wednesday, August 22nd 2018 (10AM - 6PM)
|Tuesday, September 17th (10AM - 6PM)|
If you require any information regarding the Creative Arts Competition or Prize Book, please contact:
519-438-7203 ext 381
**Judges and/or committees decision