Let’s Get Crafty!
|Entry Form Closing Date||Delivery Dates||Pick Up Date|
|Thursday, August 13th||
Wednesday, August 19th @ 10AM - 6PM
|Tuesday Sept 22nd @ 10AM - 6PM|
A Few Things to Remember
- Read General Rules and Information on pages 2-5.
- Only one exhibit per section. Exhibitors can enter each section.
- Fill out entry form completely and have it signed by Mom or Dad and return by closing date.
- All articles exhibited must be the property of the person/persons in whose name they are entered.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all containers/carriers, etc required to transport their goods to and from the Entry Office.
- All items must be the recent, unsoiled work of the exhibitor.
- Judges will be looking for uniqueness, creativity and functionality in all categories.
Youth Competition - (YC)
NO ENTRY FEE
Prize Money for each Section:
1st- $20 | 2nd- $15 | 3rd- $10
Sections & Descriptions
AGES 5 & Under
1. PET ROCK: Find a rock in your garden and decorate it.
2. TOILET PAPER ROLL BUTTERFLY: Create and decorate a butterfly using construction paper and a toilet paper roll.
3. ART: Any medium on paper or canvas created at home or at school may be entered. Example: Painting, pastel drawing, pen and ink drawing.
4. HOMEMADE INSTRUMENT: Create something using items such as water bottles, cans, cardboard tubes from toilet paper or paper towels tubes.
5. EGG CARTON TURTLE: Using an egg carton and other art supplies, make a little turtle friend.
AGES 6 - 10
6. LEGO: Build a unique sculpture using Lego or Duplo. Include a label with a title and short description of your creation.
7. PAPERCRAFT LANTERN: Create and decorate a lantern using popsicle sticks and tissue paper.
8. ART: Any medium on paper or canvas created at home or at school may be entered. Ex. Painting, pastel drawing, pen and ink drawing.
9. PIPE CLEANER SUPERHEROES: Create your own superhero using pipe cleaners and additional decorations.
10. FELT LLAMA OR ALPACA PLUSHIE: Make your own llama or alpaca out of simple crafting materials.
AGES 11 – 15
11. LEGO: Build a unique sculpture using Lego or Duplo. Include a label with a title and short description of your creation.
12. POP CULTURE DIORAMA: Create your favourite scene from a movie, show, or video game!
13. ROBOTS: Using tin cans and other found metal materials create your very own robot.
14. DECORATED CELL PHONE CASE: Decorate a cell phone case to show off your personal style or theme!
15. ART: Any medium on paper or canvas created at home or at school may be entered. Ex. Painting, pastel drawing, pen and ink drawing.
Getting Back to Our Roots: Create an original handmade poster showing why you love the Western Fair!
Things to Remember
- NO ENTRY FEE: Prize Money for each Section: 1st- $15, 2nd- $10, 3rd- $5. Additional prize money for winner at District and Provincial Convention level.
- Name and date of the fair must be clearly shown on the poster.
- Must be hand drawn.
- Poster size: Minimum 22cm x 28cm without boarder, Maximum 28cm x 44cm without boarder.
- Each entry must be centered on a CARDSTOCK or BRISTOL BOARD exposing a 5.5cm border on all four sides.
Section & Description
- Junior: Up to & including Grade 4.
- Intermediate: Grade 5 to Grade 8 inclusive.
- Senior: Grade 9 to Grade 12 Inclusive.
Winners from the Western Fair will go on to District Competition. The District winners are eligible to enter the Provincial Competition at O.A.A.S. Convention.
Weird & Wacky - (WW) *All Ages*
ENTRY FEE: $2.00 per section
Prize Money for each Section:
1st- $25 | 2nd- $20 | 3rd- $15
SECTION & DESCRIPTION
1. WINE GLASS: Decorate your favourite wine glass.
2. PAINT NIGHT ART: Submit one of your creations from a paint night you’ve participated in (Max size of 36” x 36”)
3. PANTS: We all have that one pair of pants that no longer fit. Use your imagination and decorate them.
4. TEAPOTS: Show us what else you can use your old teapot for.
5. CANDLES and/or CRAYONS: Melt your leftover candles and/or crayons together to form a new abstract piece of art.
6. UGLY LAMP: Add your own wacky touch to create an ugly lamp.
7. WOOD WORKING: Put your craftsman skills to the test and submit a handcrafted piece.
8. STANGE SHOES: Have an old pair of shoes that could use some embellishment? Let your creativity flow and add some flare!
9. PECULIAR PURSE: Repurpose an old purse laying around the house into a work of art!
10. BUTTON ART: Make use of all those old buttons you’ve accumulated over the years and turn them into art!