The Racing Manager reports directly to the Director of the Raceway/Grandstand. Key responsibilities include management of staff, as well as collaborating as a team to enhance strategies and further the goals of the Raceway and overall organization.
Responsibilities of the Racing Manager:
- Responsible for adherence to AGCO rules of racing
- Develop on-track and video product
- Responsible for wagering menu.
- Set post times for live races.
- Supervise tote/timing and charter staff.
- Promptly communicate any changes to the AGCO, communicate with AGCO judges.
- Work with the Director of the Raceway to enhance strategies for the Raceway, including growth of the on track and simulcast audience.
- Responsible for marketing and social media communications, working with the Track Announcer and WFD Media Team
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Western Fair District Health & Safety Policy and Awareness Program/Safety Manual, all Western Fair District procedures and any other applicable legislation.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Western Fair District.
- Abide by and uphold all policies and procedures of Western Fair District.
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Western Fair District.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Must have minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to obtain AGCO license.
- Basic knowledge of standardbred racing is required.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure individually, and as part of a team.
- Work is performed while sitting, standing or walking.
- Environment – Moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, dirt, and animals.
- Flexible work schedule – Must be available evenings and weekends as required
If you are interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department by Friday, July 30, 2021.